InDesign Basic to Intermediate
Ever wondered how they do magazine layouts, CD covers, brochures, booklets, annual reports and all other print material?
Are you an editor or sub-editor in the magazine or newspaper world, or do you just want to know what it means to work in block design or layout?
This one day course will show you everything to do with layout. From page structure, to creating booklets, and books, posters, annual reports and more in InDesign. Learn about image resolution, colour spaces, placing images for layout and using InDesign to draw vector graphics. If you’re an editor we’ll show you how to navigate InDesign documents easily in order to make text corrections or work with the “Story Editor” to make quick changes. We’ll also take a look at books, indexes, style sheets, and text effects. If you haven’t been working on InDesign this course will show you all you need to know to be able to do it all yourself!
What you will learn...
- How to use InDesign as a layout program
- How to do magazine and newspaper layouts
- How to create brochures and annual reports
- Bringing images into your documents
- Image resolutions for print
- How to convert your final document to printable format
- How to export to web compatible PDF’s
- Creating a table of contents and an index
What you will be able to do...
- Design any printed material (From brochures to billboards)
- Be able to do editorial changes on existing documents
- Make design and layout changes on any InDesign document
- Export for email, print or web from inside the program
- Use InDesign as a drawing tool to create logos and artwork
- Do full magazine layouts
- Design advertising material
- Create digital versions of printed material for emails
- Create final print ready PDF’s
What attendees had to say about this course...
"Very informative, I have never dealt with Indesign and know I feel comfortable with the program" - Pricecheck
"I learned more than I had imagined in a short time" - Sports Trader
"Actually designing and not just being taught through a manual" - Prudential